About City Hall
With a neoclassical architecture, the Government Palace was built between 1882 and 1892. The four sides of its facade are carved quarry. It has always functioned as a government office, and in a fire in 1941 the archives of the Executive and Legislative Powers were burned. By 1947 it was working again, adding an exterior floor and an interior floor. On the ground floor there are murals painted by Aarón Piña Mora.